The list of PDF Driver issues
RDF Driver for Doc Generator is in beta state now and not all the features of RTF Driver are supported. The driver is under development and the issues are subject to be resolved in the next versions of PDF Driver.
Below is the list of known issues and behavior, if you will find any issues or bugs that are not listed here – let me know.
The features the are not yet supported:
- Multilanguage support is not added yet – the script may not work correctly with non-english languages.
- Document sections are not supported
- Facing headers and footers are not supported
- Hyperlinks are not fully supported
- Footnotes are not supported
- Hidden text is not supported (this feature is not supported by PDF file format)
- Table header row is not supported
- Vertical alignment in table cells is not supported
- Horisontal rules are not supported
- The filling for controlled paragraph tabulations are not supported
Known behavior issues in existing features:
- In case when Headers and Footers are larger than corresponding margins – they will not automatically increase the margins size (like in RTF) and will cover the document sector. So – margins should be set to enough size to handle the desired headers and footers.
- Tables: there is no control over the tables’ cells breaking between the pages. The data that was not fit to the page will automatically continued on the next page even if it is one word. Horisontal table borders are not drawn when the table cell is continued on the next page.
- Images: table cells will not automatically increase their size to handle the inserted image.
- Images: image wrapping ‘around’ may work incorrectly when the text is right or center aligned. Also – ther are possible issues with wrapping ‘around’ when there are more than one images in the same text line.
- Images: image wrapping ‘around’ in case when the text is justified will work correctly only if the images are placed by the sides of the text.
Upon the whole, PDF and RTF files generated from the same template will not be exactly the same, as there are a lot of things that are handled by the RTF viewer (like MS Word), while PDF files are not affected by the viewer. But the structure of the document will be the same.